There are many unwritten rules when it comes to dressing for a wedding. Certain colours and styles may be deemed as unacceptable, others may place you in a state of social exile (hint- that means no wearing white!) Luckily, we’ve put together some outfits that mean you can’t go wrong. Whether it’s set in a grand city hotel, or tucked away in a quiet country church, you’ll fit right in no matter what sort of wedding you are attending this summer.
The Evening Wedding
Typically grander than your day time weddings, outfits for evening nuptials often require a little more attention to detail. Opt for gowns or cocktail dresses, and keep accessories formal with an embellished clutch and a wide brimmed hat.
1) Black Collarless Panel Jacket, £48, Topshop, www.topshop.com
2) Halson Heritage Asymmetric draped crepe-jersey and chiffon gown, £381.50, Halston Heritage at Net-a-Porter www.net-a-porter.com
3) All over Sparkle Clutch, £32, Accessorize www.accessorize.com
4) Tuscany Bracelet, £22, Monsoon, www.monsoon.co.uk
5) Lynette Mid-Brim Hat, £59.50, House of Fraser, www.houseoffraser.co.uk
6) Nina Heeled Sandels, £66.50, French Connection, www.frenchconnection.com
Words: Catherine Earnshaw