If ever there was a footwear preference for the upper-middle classes, surely it would be the noble Wellington? They have endured as a popular style since the 18th Century Duke of Wellington instructed his shoemaker to modify his traditional military boots to make them shorter and more close fitting.
From farmyard to fashion week, festivals to Fenwick’s, these fabulously British boots are most definitely having a ‘moment’, and with flash-flooding and promises of even more rain they are quickly becoming bipolar-British-Summertime essentials.
Embrace the trend by throwing on your Barbour and revving up the Range Rover – we pick out six pairs that are guaranteed to see you through harvest.
1. Animal print patent-rubber rain boots by Dolce & Gabbana – £215.00
2. Original Tall Gloss Wellington boots by Hunter – £85.00
3. Protection boots by Vivienne Westwood x Melissa Shoes – £150.00
4. Micro Scotty rain boots by Fulton – £16.00
5. Candy girl flex by Wedge Welly – £24.99
6. Rubber and waxed-canvas Wellington boots by Burberry – £265.00
– Matt Fox